👋 Hi! How’s it going?
My name is Jan Steffen.
I am from Limburg a.d. Lahn, a small city between Cologne and Frankfurt. From a small village called Lindenholzhausen to be specific.
In 2010 I moved to Hamburg after I had finished studying computer science (
B.Sc.) at the University of Applied Sciences Gießen (THM). In Hamburg I continued studying computer science (
M.Sc.) at the University of Applied Sciences Hamburg (HAW). In 2020 I’ve moved to Frankfurt am Main. Now I’m closer to family and friends from the time before I’ve moved to Hamburg.
I am a Certified Kubernetes Administrator working as part of the
finleap cloud team at finleap connect GmbH. My team and I are constantly improving the compliant and secure Kubernetes platform for financial services we’ve built over the last couple of years.
With more than eleven years of experience as a software engineer working in different companies and using various programming languages, I know the problem’s which developers face in their day-to-day work. At finleap connect GmbH I’ve fostered my operational knowledge operating Kubernetes clusters for several years now.
In my free time I like to travel, playing guitar, singing, producing, skiing and doing photography (see the pictures on Flickr).
- finleap connect GmbH, Frankfurt a.M., Germany - Cloud Tech Lead - September 2021 » now
- finleap connect GmbH, Frankfurt a.M., Germany - Senior Cloud Engineer - June 2020 » August 2021
- finleap connect GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Platform Engineer - June 2019 » August 2021
- AdVision digital GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Senior Software Engineer - January 2017 » June 2019
- neveling.net GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Software Engineer - October 2015 » December 2016
- AdVision digital GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Software Engineer - October 2010 » September 2015
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences - Master of Science - Computer Science - from 2010 till 2015
- Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen - Bachelor of Science - Computer Science - from 2007 till 2010
- CKA: Certified Kubernetes Administrator, The Linux Foundation - August 2020 - valid until August 2023
Technologies / Tools
- Gitlab CI/CD
Paradigms / Architectural Patterns
- Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Event Sourcing