👋 Hi! How’s it going?
My name is Jan Steffen.
I am a Certified Kubernetes Administrator working as part of the
finleap cloud team at finleap connect GmbH. My team and I are constantly improving the compliant and secure Kubernetes platform for financial services we’ve built over the last couple of years.
With more than eleven years of experience as a software engineer working in different companies and using various programming languages, I know the problem’s which developers face in their day-to-day work. At finleap connect GmbH I’ve fostered my operational knowledge operating Kubernetes clusters for several years now.
In 2010 I moved to Hamburg after I had finished studying computer science (
B.Sc.) at the University of Applied Sciences Gießen (THM). In Hamburg I continued studying computer science (
M.Sc.) at the University of Applied Sciences Hamburg (HAW). In 2020 I’ve moved to Frankfurt am Main. Now I’m closer to family and friends from the time before I’ve moved to Hamburg.
In my free time I like to travel, playing guitar, singing, producing, skiing and doing photography (see the pictures on Flickr).
- finleap connect GmbH, Frankfurt a.M, Germany - Cloud Tech Lead - September 2019 » now
- finleap connect GmbH, Frankfurt a.M., Germany - Senior Cloud Engineer - June 2020 » August 2021
- finleap connect GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Platform Engineer - June 2019 » August 2021
- AdVision digital GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Senior Software Engineer - January 2017 » June 2019
- neveling.net GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Software Engineer - October 2015 » December 2016
- AdVision digital GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - Software Engineer - October 2010 » September 2015
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences - Master of Science - Computer Science - from 2010 till 2015
- Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen - Bachelor of Science - Computer Science - from 2007 till 2010
- CKA: Certified Kubernetes Administrator, The Linux Foundation - August 2020 - valid until August 2023
Technologies / Tools
- Gitlab CI/CD
Paradigms / Architectural Patterns
- Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Event Sourcing